- Massage relieves mental and physical fatigue.
- Massage improves circulation and helps eliminate toxins from the body.
- Massage reduces soreness and stiffness in muscles. Massage provides a passive stretch for muscles, allowing for greater range of mobility and increased strength.
- Massage aids in breaking up painful scar tissue from surgery or accidents.
- Massage enhances body awareness and the attitude of self care.
- Massage provides a non-drug alternative which can aid in the relief of:
- Stress and stress-related conditions such as high blood pressure, tension, headaches, insomnia and digestive problems.
- Sports injury and rehabilitation
- Muscle conditions such as spasms, backache, stiff neck, and muscle fatigue.
Along with diet, exercise, attitude and lifestyle, massage is one of the tools that can be used to attain a wholesome and balanced life.
Massage is not intended to be used as a cure or a diagnostic procedure for illness. It assists the natural healing ability of the body, and supports increased personal awareness and responsibility of one’s own health.